These have so many layers of flavor! First you taste the sharpness of the orange zest, then comes the rich flavor of the pecans, finished by the sweet taste of the dates and the cinnamon. If you like orange and chocolate desserts, you could even add some cacao nibs or chocolate chips too.
Raw Orange Pecan Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup of pecans (ideally soaked overnight and dehydrated until crisp to make them easier to digest and sweeter to taste)
- 1/2 cup of dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- Extra orange zest and crushed pecans, for garnish
- Place your pecans in a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Process until finely ground.
- Add the dates and process again.
- Add coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, orange zest, cinnamon and salt. Process again.
- Shape the dough into small truffles and roll them in extra orange zest and crushed pecans.
These Orange Pecan Truffles will stay fresh for at least 2 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.