This bright salad has a lot of different flavors going on, but they all work together to create something delicious. The oranges and mint give this dish a bold, citrus-y flavor, and the jalapeño and sea salt round out the tartness. The ingredients not only taste great together, but look beautiful!
Orange Mint Jalapeño Salad [Vegan]
- 10 assorted oranges
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño, finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat a small sauté pan on medium heat, and toast the pine nuts until golden brown and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool.
- Cut the ends off the oranges. Using a sharp knife, slice off the skin, following the curve of the fruit.
- Cut each orange into thin slices. Discard any orange seeds.
- Arrange the slices on a serving platter. Top with mint, jalapeño, and pine nuts. Sprinkle on a little sea salt, and drizzle on some olive oil, to taste.
- Serve immediately.