Baobab is one of my favorite super foods- it had a wonderful zinging flavor, almost like sherbet! Not only does it taste great, it is high in vitamin C, antioxidants and offers immune Support, aids digestion and offers a good hit of natural energy! This is a delicious, creamy dessert that is made entirely of natural whole foods so you can enjoy every mouthful! Allow some time to allow it to set fully, it will keep a couple of days in the fridge. This recipe makes one small cake but simply double for a larger size.
Orange, Fig and Baobab Cheesecake [Vegan, Raw]
Ingredients You Need for Orange, Fig and Baobab Cheesecake [Vegan, Raw]
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups of cashews soaked for 4 hours
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ teaspoon of orange zest
- 3 dried figs soaked in warm water to soften
- 1 teaspoon of baobab
- 3 tablespoons of almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
How to Prepare Orange, Fig and Baobab Cheesecake [Vegan, Raw]
- Process all ingredients until the mixture breaks down and comes together.
- Press the base into the bottom of your spring form cake tin and set aside while you make the filling.
- Blend all ingredients except for the coconut oil until smooth and creamy- you will need a high speed blender for this to get it really creamy. You can add a touch more almond milk if needed.
- Add the coconut oil and blend until combined.
- Pour the mixture out over the base and allow to set in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.