These dumplings are double orange, because of the color and taste. The secret ingredient is fresh, grated orange peel, which gives the dish a very joyful flavor. The taste is complemented by a creamy sauce of sesame halva. Millet groats, chickpea flour and sweet potatoes make this a filling and delicious recipe!
Orange Dumplings with Halva Sauce [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup millet groats
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 to 2 spoons of orange peel
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other vegetable milk
- 1/2 cup halva
- Cook the millet in accordance with the instructions on the packaging. Leave to cool.
- Slice the sweet potato and steam until soft. Leave to cool.
- Prepare the halva sauce: mix the milk with halva.
- Put the cooked millet into a blender and mix. Then add the sweet potato and grated orange peel.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly. If the dough is too sticky, add more chickpea flour.
- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of rice flour on a countertop. Separate a piece of dough, make a roll and flatten it slightly. Then cut the pieces diagonally to form a diamond shape.
- Cook dumplings in salted water. The dumplings are ready when they float (about 2 minutes).
- Serve immediately, topped with sesame sauce.