Vegan orange cranberry bread popping with fresh cranberries, sweetened with fresh orange juice, a delightful crunch from pumpkin seeds, and drizzled with a glaze. Very festive for the holidays!
Orange Cranberry Bread [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Orange Cranberry Bread [Vegan]
For the Bread:
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 orange (zested and juiced(I get about 1/3–1/2 cup of juice from a navel orange))
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (halved)
- 1/4 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (plus 1 tablespoon for topping)
For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon plant-based milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How To Make Orange Cranberry Bread [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, grease or line a 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- Mash the banana in a medium bowl, then add the orange zest, fresh orange juice, plant-based milk, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- In a large bowl whisk together the whole-wheat flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix, stopping halfway through (to help prevent over-mixing) and fold in the cranberries and 1/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle on the 1 extra tablespoon shelled pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely, then sift 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and whisk in the 1/2 tablespoon of plant-based milk and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Drizzle over the bread.
- Pumpkin Seed
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile