Vegan orange cranberry bread popping with fresh cranberries, sweetened with fresh orange juice, a delightful crunch from pumpkin seeds, and drizzled with a glaze. Very festive for the holidays!
Orange Cranberry Bread [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Orange Cranberry Bread [Vegan]
For the Bread:
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 orange (zested and juiced(I get about 1/3–1/2 cup of juice from a navel orange))
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (halved)
- 1/4 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (plus 1 tablespoon for topping)
For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon plant-based milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Prepare Orange Cranberry Bread [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, grease or line a 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- Mash the banana in a medium bowl, then add the orange zest, fresh orange juice, plant-based milk, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- In a large bowl whisk together the whole-wheat flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix, stopping halfway through (to help prevent over-mixing) and fold in the cranberries and 1/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle on the 1 extra tablespoon shelled pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely, then sift 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and whisk in the 1/2 tablespoon of plant-based milk and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Drizzle over the bread.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.