The flavors of this orange chia yogurt bread are as bright as the sun. Making it is also super simple––just combine the wet and dry ingredients, pour into a loaf pan, and bake! That's it! So sweet and refreshing, this orange chia yogurt bread is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack! Eating it will make you feel like it's summer any time of the year!
Orange Chia Yogurt Bread [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup plain dairy-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon black chia seeds, plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, milk, yogurt, zest, juice, vanilla, and sugar.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and chia seeds.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the center. Fold the mixture using a rubber spatula only until the ingredients are combined. Pour into loaf pan and sprinkle the top with chia seeds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing.