This one-pot asparagus and spinach gnocchi is a lovely seasonal dish that is full of different flavors and textures. Filling and satisfying potato balls are covered with a creamy spinach sauce, crunchy asparagus, sweet green peas, and fresh cilantro, then it’s all topped with tangy lime and orange zest for an extra burst of flavor. It's easy to eat your greens when you’ve got delicious dishes like this.
One-Pot Asparagus and Spinach Gnocchi [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups gnocchi
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2/3 cup green peas, frozen
- 3 cups spinach
- 3-4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, basil, or parsley
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dice onion, cut asparagus into smaller pieces, chop spinach and cilantro.
- Start by cooking onion with a few tablespoons of water in a large skillet until translucent. Add gnocchi and a little bit more water, and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add asparagus, green peas, spinach, cilantro, and almond milk, and cook for about 2 more minutes, until everything is well combined and warm.
- Stir in lime juice, lime, and orange zest. Serve warm or cold.