This one-pan Gnocchi in Cherry Tomato Sauce comes together in under 30 minutes! All you have to do is take a bowl of cherry tomatoes and cook them in a pan with some onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and vegetable stock until soft. Then, blend the sauce up to give it a nice and silky texture (or don't! If you like it chunky, there's no need!) To finish the dish off, add the gnocchi, basil leaves, and vegan cream to the sauce. Let it cook for just about 4-5 minutes until the gnocchi turns soft and the sauce thickens. And that’s all there is to the dish! It really couldn’t be more simple, right? So there you have it. A tasty, creamy, and filling lunch for 3 people (or 2) on the table in about 30 minutes. And just look how creamy and heavenly one-pan gnocchi and tomato sauce looks!
One-Pan Gnocchi in Cherry Tomato Sauce [Vegan]
- Peel and finely dice onion. Heat a spoon of oil in a pan and fry onion until translucent.
- Add cherry tomatoes and minced garlic and saute until the tomatoes pop and soften, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, then pour over with vegetable stock and cook for another 10 minutes, until the sauce cooks down and thickens.
- Once the sauce is cooked, you can optionally blend it with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Otherwise, toss in the refrigerated gnocchi and some chopped basil leaves, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook another 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly, until the gnocchi soften and drink up the liquids.
- Add in some plant-based cream and stir well before serving.