Did you know you could make brownies with quinoa? You can – and it's so easy! These brownies are sweetened with date sugar, which gives them a rich, toasty, and caramel-y taste. Yum!
One-Bowl Quinoa and Date Sugar Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for One-Bowl Quinoa and Date Sugar Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup gluten-free or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
How to Prepare One-Bowl Quinoa and Date Sugar Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Cook quinoa according to package, set aside.
- Add pumpkin puree, soy milk, maple syrup, and coconut oil to large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add quinoa, flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder, and flax to wet ingredients – mix with an electric mixer until combined.
- Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Add to your greased brownie pan and bake at 375°F for about 18-20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean) – true life, I like undercooking because yum, gooey. So, there’s that option, too.
- Allow to cool and set before eating – at least an hour.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.