Did you know you could make brownies with quinoa? You can – and it's so easy! These brownies are sweetened with date sugar, which gives them a rich, toasty, and caramel-y taste. Yum!
One-Bowl Quinoa and Date Sugar Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup gluten-free or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cook quinoa according to package, set aside.
- Add pumpkin puree, soy milk, maple syrup, and coconut oil to large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add quinoa, flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder, and flax to wet ingredients – mix with an electric mixer until combined.
- Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Add to your greased brownie pan and bake at 375°F for about 18-20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean) – true life, I like undercooking because yum, gooey. So, there’s that option, too.
- Allow to cool and set before eating – at least an hour.