When it comes to salad dressing, I’m on auto-pilot. It takes me mere seconds to whip up an oil-free vinaigrette and it’s really light and wonderful – but – it’s getting a bit tired. Enter the ripe tomatoes Kel has been bringing in from the garden. In went some olives and miso because everything tastes better with them. The dates temper the tangy acid and the vegetable broth lends richness. Takes almost as much time to make this as it does my old standby dressing. Vary this by using fresh herbs instead of dry or a different vinegar.
Oil-Free Tomato, Kalamata, and Miso Salad Dressing [Vegan]
- 1 large ripe tomato, cored and cut into big chunks
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 small pitted dates, chopped
- 8 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. brown rice miso paste
- pinch black pepper
- pinch dried oregano
- pinch dried basil
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.