A creamy, hearty breakfast of this latté is a wonderful start to the day! Its a healthy shot of caffeine without any refined sugar! Yum!
Oatmeal Latté [Vegan]
To Make the Oatmeal Latté:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 3 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee or 1 shot (maybe 2) espresso
To Make the Optional Chocolate Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free chocolate or dark chocolate 2 tablespoon coconut milk
- Combine oats and dates in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat with 1/2 cup water and milk. Stir in the salt and cinnamon.
- In another pan, gently boil the remaining 1 cup milk. You want to use the froth on top, if possible.
- Whisk in the hot milk, saving some of the froth. Cook until your oatmeal is creamy. This would take just 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon into a mug, pour the coffee on top and some of the frothy milk.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder and drizzle over some chocolate sauce, if using. Enjoy warm!
- Melt the chocolate and coconut milk together until shiny and smooth (optional).