The cookies come together in a matter of minutes. The cookies are fuss-free, 100% wholegrain and delicious. They are crisp on the outside, moist on the inside and absolutely yummy!
Oat and Cinnamon Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup crushed salted peanuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut milk
- In a large bowl, mix together first four ingredients, keep aside.
- In another large bowl mix coconut oil and sugar.
- Add vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients. Now add a little milk to bring the ingredients together into a dough.
- Add peanuts/almonds
- Add more milk if needed. Cover the dough.
- Preheat oven to 340°F.
- Pinch small balls of the dough and flatten them into rounds.
- Arrange on a parchment paper lined baking tray, two inches apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or, until the sides become golden.
- Cool. Store in an airtight jar.