The coconut chips in this gluten free treat are a great source of manganese, potassium, calcium and other minerals and add that delicious coconutty flavour that makes it hard to stop at one!
Oat and Coconut Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Oat and Coconut Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup oats, finely ground
- 5 Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups coconut chips/flakes, unsweetened
How to Prepare Oat and Coconut Cookies [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 360ºF and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Place oats, dates, maple syrup, vanilla essence and coconut oil into a high-speed food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Add coconut chips and blitz very briefly until well combined but chunks of coconut are still visible.
- Divide mixture into evenly sized balls (approximately 1 ½ tbsp per ball) and place on baking tray. Using the back of a fork, gently press the balls to flatten slightly into a cookie shape.
- Bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely before handling/serving. They are super crumbly when still warm so your kiddos have to be a little bit patient!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.