The coconut chips in this gluten free treat are a great source of manganese, potassium, calcium and other minerals and add that delicious coconutty flavour that makes it hard to stop at one!
Oat and Coconut Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup oats, finely ground
- 5 Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups coconut chips/flakes, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 360ºF and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Place oats, dates, maple syrup, vanilla essence and coconut oil into a high-speed food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Add coconut chips and blitz very briefly until well combined but chunks of coconut are still visible.
- Divide mixture into evenly sized balls (approximately 1 ½ tbsp per ball) and place on baking tray. Using the back of a fork, gently press the balls to flatten slightly into a cookie shape.
- Bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely before handling/serving. They are super crumbly when still warm so your kiddos have to be a little bit patient!