Nutella. Dessert. Pizza. This may just be one of the greatest creations of all (dessert) history. The recipe for the crust is simple and worth keeping on hand for any other dessert pizzas in your future, but the real star of the show (unsurprisingly) is the homemade vegan Nutella! So spread it generously and garnish this pie with whatever you'd like.
Nutella Dessert Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk seeds
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil plus more to brush the bases
- A pinch of salt
For the Nutella:
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Berries of your choice (optional)
- Figs (optional)
- Start by making the Nutella. Preheat the oven to 355°F. Lay the hazelnuts out on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the hazelnuts out of the oven and let them cool down.
- Place the hazelnuts in a food processor together with the cocoa, salt, and vanilla powder. Blend for about 10 minutes.
- Then add the maple syrup and the water and blend until a smooth, Nutella-like cream forms.
- Next, make the pizza base. Turn the oven again to 355°F.
- In a clean food processor bowl, add all of the dry ingredients for the base and blend until everything is properly ground up.
- Then add the water and the coconut oil and blend again. The mix will roll up into a balk of dough.
- Line two pizza dishes or round cake pans with baking paper. Divide the dough in half and spread out evenly on each of the dishes.
- Brush the bases with a little bit of olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the pizza bases out of the oven and spread the chocolate on the pizzas. Garnish with some berries and figs and serve while still warm.