All salads are NOT created equal. The protein-packed mixed veggie bowls that I enjoy regularly can hardly be considered salads. Loaded with a variety of energizing and delicious, pure foods, they basically define nourishment. Not to mention how incredibly quick and easy they are to prepare!
Nourishing Power Bowl With Lemon Tahini Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2-3 cups mixed leafy greens (I use spinach and romaine)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4-1/2 an avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted vegetables (asparagus, sweet potatoes, zucchini, etc.)
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas, lentils, or black beans
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water, or more as needed to thin*
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk until well-combined.
- Place greens in a large bowl. Arrange remaining veggies and toppings on top of the greens. Drizzle with lemon-tahini dressing (or other dressing of choice), and enjoy!