These easy, simple, no-bake protein bars are the perfect on-the-go snack or post-workout fuel-up. Packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
No-Bake Protein Bars [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder optional
- 5 pitted, Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of flaky sea salt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a food processor, blitz the oats and cashews until it resembles a coarse flour. Add in the coconut, sesame seeds, protein powder, dates, maple syrup, water, and salt. Process until the dough starts to come together. Add another tbsp of water if it's still dry. You should be able to press the dough together with your hands. Add in the pumpkin seeds and process them until they are incorporated.
- Press dough into the baking pan. It won't fill the whole pan up, so just shape it into a rectangle that takes up about half of the pan. You can try to fill up the whole pan, but they will be thinner bars.
- Transfer to the freezer for 10 min.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for 30 sec. at a time. Take the bars out of the baking pan (with the parchment paper). Cut into 6 even rectangles. Drizzle with dark chocolate. Transfer to the baking pan again and freeze for 5 min. until chocolate is set. Store bars in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a week.