This Raw lemon tart is so delicious and easy to make! The base is made from a sweet mixture of almonds, coconut oil, and dates. Then, it’s topped with a lemon cashew cream that is just divine! So fresh and perfect for any occasion, this raw lemon tart is fantastic! With all that vitamin c it will surely give you a little health boost too!
Raw Lemon Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Lemon Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cup almonds, soaked in filtered water for at least 6 hours and then drained
- 1/2 cup dates
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
For the Filling:
- 1 3/4 cup cashews, soaked in filtered water for at least 6 hours and then drained
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemons zest
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- A pinch of salt
How to Prepare Raw Lemon Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- Blend the dates to a gooey clump. Transfer to a -mediumsized bowl.
- Grind the almonds to relatively fine crumbles. Add to the bowl.
- Pour in 4 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Line a tart tin with some baking paper, this way it is easier to get out of the form.
- Place the almond mixture in the tart form and spread it evenly, pressing it with your (clean) hands.
- Cover the borders of the form, too. Place the tart form in the freezer while preparing the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Blend all ingredients to a fine cream.
- Take the tart form out of the freezer and pour in the lemon filling.
- Place in freezer until set, approximately 3 hours.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 5362 | Total Carbs: 273 g | Total Fat: 472 g | Total Protein: 85 g | Total Sodium: 798 g | Total Sugar: 19 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.