These cookies are no fail and only contain oats, shredded coconut, coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and flaky sea salt. With only 7 simple ingredients, these no-bake chocolate coconut cookies are the perfect snack or healthy dessert. They take less than 20 minutes to make. The batch will be eaten in no time. They are perfectly crunchy, but oh so fudgy. These cookies are also great for all ages! If you have children, the sweet chocolate flavor and creamy peanut butter will definitely win over the kids.
No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Cookies [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Pinch of flaky sea salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add coconut oil, peanut butter, and maple syrup. Cook until coconut oil has melted and the mixture is homogenous and creamy. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa powder to wet mixture. Whisk until smooth. Add oats, coconut, and sea salt. Use a spatula to combine until a sticky but moldable batter forms. Use a small cookie scoop to distribute dough on to a lined baking sheet. Lightly wet your hands and form dough into small discs/cookie shapes. Transfer to the freezer to firm up for 15 minutes.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the freezer for a firmer, crunchier texture and fridge for a softer texture.
Use creamy instead of chunky peanut butter. This will ease the mixing process of the batter and ensure the right texture. However, if you are a big fan of chunky, add 2 tablespoons more to aid in the correct consistency. Any form of coconut works (coconut flakes, shredded, desiccated), but I used shredded coconut. You can sub coconut oil for melted vegan butter if desired. (Optional): add in a couple tablespoons of chocolate chips!