These treats are all-natural, gluten-free, vegan (depending on the type of chocolate you use), and they can be nut-free if you use sunflower seed butter (my second favorite variation, great for those with nut allergies). They’re super quick and easy to make, and absolutely irresistible. The only challenge you may (probably will) have is stopping after eating just one!
Natural Nut/Seed Butter Cups [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter or sunflower seed butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Set out cupcake liners onto a small baking sheet.
- Melt half of the chocolate with the half of the coconut oil in a double boiler (or you may use a microwave). Divide this melted chocolate mixture evenly among the prepared cupcake liners, and spread evenly. Place into the freezer for 10-15 minutes, until the chocolate has solidified.
- Meanwhile, mix the peanut butter with the maple syrup until smooth. Remove the hardened chocolate from the freezer, and divide the peanut butter filling evenly among the cups. Spread the peanut butter evenly inside each cup, and place into the freezer for a few minutes to harden.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and coconut oil, then divide evenly among the prepared cups. Place into the freezer for another 20 minutes or so to harden fully.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving, or in the refrigerator if you would like to serve them cold.