Cashews aren’t only an excellent source of the amino acid tryptophan, but they also contain a lot of copper and magnesium. I recommend having a cup of hot, organic green tea with this dish, which will complement it nicely.
Nasi Goreng [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Nasi Goreng [Vegan]
- ¾ cup fresh peas (80 g)
- Sea salt
- 3 tablespoons cashews (30 g)
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 ⅓ cups cooked Basmati rice (400 g)
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ yellow chili pepper
- 1 medium-size red onion
- 3 ounces seitan (80 g)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
How to Prepare Nasi Goreng [Vegan]
- Cook the peas in well-salted boiling water for approximately five minutes.
- Toast the cashews in a dry skillet.
- Heat 3 tablespoons canola oil in a skillet and fry the rice over high heat for seven minutes.
- Sprinkle the curry powder on top, stir well, and then remove everything from the skillet.
- Wash the bell pepper and chili pepper, remove the seeds, and cut into thin strips.
- Peel the onion, cut in half, and then slice.
- Cut the seitan into strips and fry in 2 tablespoons of hot canola oil for three minutes.
- Remove from the skillet, and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Put the bell pepper, chili pepper, onions and peas in the skillet with 1 tablespoon canola oil and sauté approximately three minutes.
- Add the rice and seitan, and season with soy sauce and salt.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with cashews.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Seitan (Plant Protein)
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.