This dish is perfect for when you're looking for something to bring a potluck or make for dinner. This meal is simple and the end result is delicious and filling!
Mushroom Nut Loaf with Balsamic Tomato Chutney [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mushroom Nut Loaf with Balsamic Tomato Chutney [Vegan]
For the Mushroom Nut Loaf:
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped (baby cremini works well)
- 1 small leek, diced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
For the Balsamic Tomato Chutney:
- 1/2 large union, julienned
- 2 medium tomato, diced'
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to Prepare Mushroom Nut Loaf with Balsamic Tomato Chutney [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven for 400°F.
- In a large pan, heat up a little oil. Add in mushrooms, leek, carrot, celery and garlic cloves. Cook them until all the liquid is gone from the mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, in your food processor, purée the walnuts so they are dust. Add the garbanzo beans and purée them too.
- In a mixing bowl add your sautéed vegetables, walnut and bean mixture along with all remaining ingredients. Using a potato masher mix everything up so it is well integrated.
- Oil a bread loaf pan and put your mushroom loaf mixture into the pan smoothing it out on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- While your mushroom loaf is cooking, you can prepare the balsamic tomato chutney. First, heat up about 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add in your onions and cook them on a medium heat until they are nicely caramelized. Add in tomatoes, balsamic, salt and pepper.
- When the mushroom loaf is done, it should be firm in the middle. Let it sit for about 5 minutes before cutting it. Once sliced, top with the balsamic tomato chutney and serve.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.