These Murmura Laddoos are such a nice crunchy treat! Give these little balls a try and you may have a new favorite go to snack.
Murmura Laddoo (Puffed Rice and Jaggery Balls) [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 cups murmura (puffed rice)
- 1 cup crumbled jaggery
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Roast puffed rice in a thick bottom steel wok for 3 to 4 minutes on low flame. Transfer roasted puffed rice to a plate.
- Put ghee in a thick bottom wok. Add crumbled jaggery. Stir and break lumps if any. Keep stirring till jaggery melts completely. Add puffed rice and stir till it is evenly coated with melted jaggery. Turn off the heat.
- Take cold water in a bowl. Dip your hands in cold water. Take a handful of the mixture from the wok and make balls from the mixture. Press the mixture tightly to get walnut size laddus. (Apply water in your hands once and make 2 to 3 rounds of laddoos. Apply water again only when the mixture starts sticking to your hands.
- If in the end mixture becomes cold and hard, heat the wok on low flame, the mixture will become soft and easy to mould.
- Keep the laddus in the open for 1 hour.
- Store in an airtight container.