This ‘Murica Overnight Oatmeal Parfait is a little bit extra, but definitely tastes good. Who doesn't love sweet and creamy oats with fresh berries? This is a perfect summer breakfast!
‘Murica Overnight Oatmeal Parfait [Vegan]
For the Oatmeal:
- 2/3 cup coconut milk (or 1/2 cup coconut milk + 1/4 cup plain coconut yogurt)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons liquid sweetener of choice (optional)
- pinch of salt
For the Parfait:
- Strawberries or raspberries
- Combine all ingredients for the oatmeal in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours).
- When ready to serve, put a spoonful at the bottom of a fancy glass or mason jar. Drop a few berries. Repeat, alternating layers of oatmeal and berries.
- Eat while wearing your most obnoxious star-spangled outfit.