Homemade vegan mozzarella rolled in soft and fluffy quinoa. No, this is not a dream. With a savory tomato sauce dipping sauce on the side, these little bites will cure the fiercest of pizza cravings. Make these as a fun appetizer or make a big batch and gobble them up yourself.
Mozzarella-Stuffed Quinoa Pizza Bites [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 10 fresh basil leaves and parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 of 1 can of peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons psyllium husks
- Pepper and salt, to taste
For the Vegan Mozzarella:
- 1/4 cup cashews, pre-soaked
- 2 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks powder
- 1 cup water
- A pinch of salt
For the Spicy Guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 green jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/2 of 1 onion
- Salt and pepper
For the Tomato Dip:
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 red jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Dried mixed Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper
To Make the Vegan Mozzarella:
- Soak psyllium husks in water and, leave in the refrigerator for 25-30 minutes.
- Add everything into a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, and leave it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or preferably overnight.
To Make the Guacamole:
- Peel and pit the avocados and add to a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork. Then add the onion, chopped jalapeño, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the avocado and mix together well.
To Make the Tomato Dip:
- Finely chop tomatoes, carrots, and jalapeño.
- Put it into a saucepan, adding olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Lets simmer for about 15-25 minutes or until thickened. Pour everything in a food processor and blend until a smooth sauce forms.
To Make the Quinoa Pizza Bites:
- If your quinoa is not cooked, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add quinoa, simmer, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is softened.
- Preheat oven and line a sheet with parchment.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix all ingredients and let sit for 20 minutes or until the psyllium husks have hardened up.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the quinoa dough, stuff with raw mozzarella, place on the sheet and bake in preheated oven 30-35 minutes.
- Rotating the balls about halfway through, cook until the bites are well browned on the outside. Serve immediately.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 5387 | Total Carbs: 176 g | Total Fat: 515 g | Total Protein: 38 g | Total Sodium: 906 g | Total Sugar: 30 g Calculation not including salt and pepper to taste. Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
What temperature? Does the cheese work on pizza?