This recipe is great to whip up on a weeknight for dinner!
Moroccan Sweet Potato Burgers [Vegan]
- 1 large sweet potato, about 2 cups, diced
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 med carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (a little more if you need more spice in your life)
- Preheat oven for 400ºF.
- Boil a pot of water. Cook sweet potato until it is tender.
- In another pot, cook quinoa in water. Bring both to boil, then turn down heat and cover. Once water is gone, the quinoa should be nice and plump!
- Meanwhile, saute, onions and garlic in a little oil until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Then add carrots and cook a few more minutes.
- Once the quinoa and potatoes are done, put them in a food processor with oats, tahini, cilantro and spices. Mix until everything is well combined. In a bowl, mix the potato and quinoa mixture with your carrots and onions.