This recipe is great to whip up on a weeknight for dinner!
Moroccan Sweet Potato Burgers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Moroccan Sweet Potato Burgers [Vegan]
- 1 large sweet potato, about 2 cups, diced
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 med carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (a little more if you need more spice in your life)
How to Prepare Moroccan Sweet Potato Burgers [Vegan]
- Preheat oven for 400ºF.
- Boil a pot of water. Cook sweet potato until it is tender.
- In another pot, cook quinoa in water. Bring both to boil, then turn down heat and cover. Once water is gone, the quinoa should be nice and plump!
- Meanwhile, saute, onions and garlic in a little oil until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Then add carrots and cook a few more minutes.
- Once the quinoa and potatoes are done, put them in a food processor with oats, tahini, cilantro and spices. Mix until everything is well combined. In a bowl, mix the potato and quinoa mixture with your carrots and onions.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.