If you love Chinese takeout, you will love this take on P.F. Chang's Mongolian Beef. Slices of seitan are sautéed in soy sauce, ginger, and garlic, laid over a bed of rice, and then topped with green onions. This dish is tender, saucy, and perfectly savory.
Mongolian Seitan [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mongolian Seitan [Vegan]
- 4 cups seitan
- 6 large green onions, sliced on the bias
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon corn starch or 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Vegetable oil, for sautéeing
- Cooked rice
How to Prepare Mongolian Seitan [Vegan]
- Combine soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, corn starch, and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Over high heat, add vegetable oil to a large sautée pan or wok. Allow oil to heat up, about 2 minutes.
- Slice seitan into 1-inch slices.
- Add seitan slices and sautée for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add soy mixture to seitan and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in scallions, toss everything together, and serve immediately over rice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Seitan (Plant Protein)
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.