Blueberry muffins are wonderful. They are sweet, fluffy, and so decadent with pungent bursts of tart berry flavor from the blueberries folded into a soft, buttery cake-like texture. These mixed berry muffins incorporate vibrant and sweet berries along with delicious flavors and textures.
Mixed Berry Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup unrefined sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups frozen berries
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and prepare a muffin pan. Add ground flax and water to a cup, mix completely and set aside for 10 minutes. Assemble the wet ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix, incorporating all the ingredients. Add cup of flax and water to the ingredients and mix until combined into the other ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients on top of the wet, and mix these together until a batter forms. Add frozen berries to the batter and mix until just combined. Add batter to a muffin pan, filling the cups slightly above the line of the pan. Top with additional sugar crystals and bake for around 30 minutes.