This tasty dressing is made with a combination of three very potent anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and heart-healthy ingredients: turmeric, ginger, and garlic. It's spicy, a little sweet, and it has a wonderful umami flavor that comes from miso paste. Use this dressing for salads or simply drizzle over steamed rice, roasted vegetables, or anything your heart desires.
Miso Turmeric Ginger Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
About 1 cup
- 1 2 or 3-inch piece fresh turmeric root
- Juice of 1 medium navel orange ( about 1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free white mellow miso
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- A pinch of cayenne
- Fresh ground pepper
- Using a spoon, gently scrape as much skin off the turmeric root as possible. Coarsely chop and place into a high-speed blender. Add the juice of 1 medium orange. Using a microplane grater, grate the garlic clove into the blender. Using the same microplaner, grate 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger root (use the same spoon technique with the ginger root to scrape off the skin prior to grating) and add to the blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste if desired. Store in a glass jar.