A hearty twist on miso AND lentil soups, This vegan miso soup is such a quick dinner to throw together. Packed with protein, fiber, and secret hidden veggies, this soup is also so healthy. The savory taste and silky smooth miso broth are what really sell this vegan miso soup––it's guaranteed to become a household favorite. Make a big batch early on and you’ll have a hearty, healthy meal that will keep you satisfied throughout the week.
Miso Soup With Garlicky Lentils, Kale, and Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 2 cups kale
- Dice onions into 1/2-inch pieces and finely mince garlic.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Roughly chop into quarters.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they start to release their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat, stir in lentils and miso paste.
- Cook together for 5 minutes, then add kale and cover to cook for 3 minutes more.
- Once kale is wilted, remove from heat and serve.