The base is an oat and date crust, the middle is a raw chocolate-maca mixture, and the top is an avocado/mint/green powder concoction. All together, they make one amazing result. And they are SUPER nutritious. Think of this recipe as a health supplement and dessert all in one. I know, life seems too good to be true sometimes.
Minty Green Chocolate Cream Bars [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 1 cup oats or buckwheat groats
- 1 cup dates
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- 1 banana (optional, to add bulk)
For the Mint Layer:
- 1 avocado
- 3-4 tablespoons green powder
- 1/6 cup coconut nectar (or other preferred liquid sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/8 cup packed mint leaves (or approximately 10 drops of peppermint oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt (optional)
To Make the Base Layer:
- Pulse the oats or buckwheat groats in your food processor until you have a rough flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it all begins to stick together.
- Press into the bottom of a lined baking pan and put in the refrigerator.
To Make the Chocolate Layer:
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. If it's too thick, add some water.
- Pour onto your base and put in the freezer until solid, about 1 hour.
To Make the Mint Layer:
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Spread onto your chocolate layer and refrigerate overnight until it's set.
- Decorate with mint leaves and cacao nibs if you wish.