This is a sweet little vegan bite that tastes just like a regular mint slice. These keep for about a week in the fridge. Nut free, these could also easily be made gluten free by substituting gluten free flour.
Mint Slice [Vegan]
About 24 squares
- 2/3 cup of self raising flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or cocoa
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 5/8 cups melted vegan spread
- egg replacer (for 1 egg)
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 + 1/8 cup vegan dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place base layer ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine. Press into the base of a lightly greased, lined, brownie tin (8-inch x 11-inch). Bake for about 12 minutes until soft to the touch and cooked through. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cool make the peppermint filling by placing the icing sugar, water and mint essence in a bowl and stir to combine – spread / pour over the base layer and into the fridge for about an hour until firm.
- Once firm make the chocolate top layer by placing your chocolate and oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and stir to combine until melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate over the mint layer and back into the fridge for about 30 minutes until set. Cut into squares and keep in the fridge until you are ready to eat!