These sweet mini blue matcha cashew cakes don’t require a lot of ingredients, making them the perfect bite-sized treat to whip up for parties. What’s also nice about these is that you don’t have to stick to the exact recipe. You can flavor them however you like. Whether you feel inclined to add a drop or two of peppermint extract or almond extract is up to you!
Mini Blue Matcha Cashew Cakes [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Base:
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pitted dates
For the Filling:
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews
- 3/4 cup creamed coconut
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon blue matcha (optional)
- Place all the ingredients for the base in the processor, except the dates. Process until the almonds are in small pieces.
- Add the dates to the food processor and process until the mixture sticks together.
- Press the base mixture firmly into the bottom of your mold and then freeze while you prepare the filling.
- In a high-speed blender, place all the ingredients for the filling. Blend until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 the mixture into your mold and freeze 1 hour. (If you don't want multiple colors or flavors, you don't need to split the mixture)
- Mix the remaining filling with the blue matcha (or other natural color) and pour onto the first layer.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.