You don't need to get fancy to dine in style. Case in point: these Middle Eastern-inspired roasted chickpea wraps. Stuffed with cumin-spiced roasted chickpeas and crisp, sliced vegetables, these wraps are big on flavor and kind to your wallet. Serve with a dollop of vegan sour cream mixed with fresh dill.
Middle Eastern Roasted Chickpea Wrap [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Chickpeas:
- 1/2 15-ounce can chickpeas
- Smoked paprika, as desired
- Cumin powder, as desired
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
For the Filling:
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 radish, sliced
- Pickles, as desired
For the Sauce:
- 6 tablespoons vegan sour cream
- A pinch each of garlic and onion powder
- Fresh or dried dill, as desired
- 2 flatbreads or tortillas of choice (gluten-free if needed)
- Drain, rinse, and dry canned chickpeas. Coat in oil and dash of spices and salt. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Slice vegetables for the filling. Mix vegan sour cream with spices and herbs.
- Once chickpeas are done layer your two wraps with beans, vegetables, and sauce.