Give your pickles an extra kick with jalapeños, oregano, and black peppercorns! These would taste great on top of tacos, inside burritos, on a salad, or even just by themselves.
Mexican-Style Pickled Veggies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut on the bias
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 1 bunch of radishes, cut into slices (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 7 ounces whole canned jalapeños with liquid
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large pot over high heat, bring water to a boil. Once water is boiling, remove from heat and add carrots. Let them sit for about five minutes and then add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and let sit and cool for 1-2 hours.
- Store in glass jars and refrigerate.
You can eat your pickled veggies right away but they are best after a day or two in the fridge!