Avocado in a dessert? Seems odd at first, we know. However, it makes sense that such a creamy vegetable would work well in a decadent pudding recipe. This chocolate avocado pudding is so rich, creamy, and so chocolatey, you’ll forget about the avocado part– quickly. The chile powder, cinnamon, and salt add just the right amount of contrast.
Mexican-Spiced Chocolate Avocado Pudding [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 ripe medium avocados
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup salted creamy cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or other sweetener of choice and more to drizzle on top
- 2 tablespoons cashew milk or any other milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder*
- 1/8 teaspoon ancho chili powder*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Crushed pecans, as needed
- Add all ingredients (except spices, salt, and nuts) to a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Add extra milk and extra maple syrup if making pudding pops.
- Divide into 6 individual servings. Cover and chill until ready to eat.
- Before serving, mix spices together, add a few pinches to each serving, along with a pinch of Kosher salt and pecans. Drizzle with maple syrup.
This pudding can be frozen into pops.