Mexican Black Bean Soup is packed with veggies and Mexican spices that warm you up on a chilly day. It is full of fiber from the black beans and is vegan and gluten free.
Mexican Black Bean Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mexican Black Bean Soup [Vegan]
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup organic corn
- 1 can black beans
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ Tbsp paprika
- ½ Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- ½ Tbsp black pepper
- Himalayan rock salt, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Cilantro for a garnish
- Organic corn chips (optional)
How to Prepare Mexican Black Bean Soup [Vegan]
- Heat olive oil in a large pot at medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent, roughly 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots, celery, peppers and corn and sauté until soft, roughly 5 minutes.
- Add black beans, spices, salt to taste and veggie broth. Bring to a boil and then lower and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Finally stir in the nutritional yeast and lime juice.
- Serve hot topped with cilantro, avocado and crumbled organic corn chips.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.