Mexican Black Bean Soup is packed with veggies and Mexican spices that warm you up on a chilly day. It is full of fiber from the black beans and is vegan and gluten free.
Mexican Black Bean Soup [Vegan]
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup organic corn
- 1 can black beans
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ Tbsp paprika
- ½ Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- ½ Tbsp black pepper
- Himalayan rock salt, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Cilantro for a garnish
- Organic corn chips (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot at medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent, roughly 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots, celery, peppers and corn and sauté until soft, roughly 5 minutes.
- Add black beans, spices, salt to taste and veggie broth. Bring to a boil and then lower and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Finally stir in the nutritional yeast and lime juice.
- Serve hot topped with cilantro, avocado and crumbled organic corn chips.