This budget-friendly meal will leave you daydreaming about the next time you can have this for dinner. Tender roasted sweet potatoes are stuffed with green olives, chickpeas, hummus, and tabbouleh for a filling Mediterranean-inspired meal that will keep you full and satisfied. Serve with greens on the side and top with harissa, if you have it.
Mediterranean Stuffed Sweet Potato Boats [Vegan]
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup hummus
- 3/4 cup tabbouleh
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and set the oven rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a fork, pierce each sweet potato’s skin 4-5 times (going about 1/2-inch deep).
- Place potato on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or potatoes are fork tender and just beginning to caramelize. Remove from heat.
- Slice each potato lengthwise down its center (cutting about 2 inches deep), then press in on their ends to open them up. Fill each potato with equal amounts chickpeas, hummus, tabbouleh, olives, and lemon juice. Season to taste and serve.