This budget-friendly meal will leave you daydreaming about the next time you can have this for dinner. Tender roasted sweet potatoes are stuffed with green olives, chickpeas, hummus, and tabbouleh for a filling Mediterranean-inspired meal that will keep you full and satisfied. Serve with greens on the side and top with harissa, if you have it.
Mediterranean Stuffed Sweet Potato Boats [Vegan]
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup hummus
- 3/4 cup tabbouleh
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and set the oven rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a fork, pierce each sweet potato’s skin 4-5 times (going about 1/2-inch deep).
- Place potato on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-60 minutes or potatoes are fork-tender and just beginning to caramelize. Remove from heat.
- Slice each potato lengthwise down its center (cutting about 2 inches deep), then press in on their ends to open them up. Fill each potato with equal amounts of chickpeas, hummus, tabbouleh, olives, and lemon juice. Season to taste and serve.