Flatbread comes in all sorts of varieties but this recipe is an especially tasty iteration of the classic snack. This flatbread uses a pizza-like dough that is smothered in pesto and topped with arugula and cherry tomatoes.
Mediterranean Pesto Flatbread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Pizza dough of choice
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 package cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 5 pepperoncini peppers, diced
- Red onion, sliced thin, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh arugula
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 420°F.
- Dust a piece of parchment paper with flour and place pizza dough on top. Allow the dough to come to room temperature.
- While the dough is coming to temperature, make pesto and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and add tomatoes and coat them with olive oil and oregano.
- Bake them in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Stretch the dough out on parchment paper.
- Place it in the oven (on the parchment paper) for 12 minutes.
- Remove the dough from oven and spread the pesto on top, followed by tomatoes, pepperoncini peppers, and red onion. Place pizza back in the oven (on the parchment paper) for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with arugula and pepper.
- Slice and serve.
- Hot Pepper
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile