This Mediterranean-inspired nourish bowl is loaded with nourishing gut-healthy ingredients that will keep your digestive system in-check.
Mediterranean-Inspired Nourish Bowl [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mediterranean-Inspired Nourish Bowl [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 2/3 cup dry quinoa)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1 orange, red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked or pickled red beets, chopped (alternatively you could use raw shredded beets)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 small cucumber, chopped
- 14 oz can lentils, drained and rinsed`
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
How to Prepare Mediterranean-Inspired Nourish Bowl [Vegan]
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the lentils by draining and rinsing them. Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl and then add the lentils. Stir together and set aside.
- Prep all the vegetables and add to the bowl with the lentils along with the slivered almonds. Once the quinoa has cooled add to the bowl and mix everything together. Top with one avocado, sliced and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.