This pizza is a slice above the rest. The chickpea crust is baked in the oven before being topped with fresh vegetables, covered in vegan parmesan, and then crisped up in the oven. It's time to have a pizza party.
Mediterranean Chickpea Socca Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 scoops unflavored vegan protein powder
- 1 cup plus 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
For the Toppings:
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized thin,
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 small red onion very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 5 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1-3 tablespoon vegan Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450°F, if you have a cast iron pan, place it in the oven to heat up with the oven. If using a non-stick pan or pie dish, place them in the oven for 5 minutes before you are ready to pour the chickpea batter in.
- Place all the toppings ingredients except vegan Parmesan in a container, mix them well, set them aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the crust together.
- Grease your pan well.
- Pour the chickpea batter into the pan, carefully swirling the pan a bit to distribute evenly and bake it for 7 minutes.
- Turn broiler on, and broil it for 2 minutes.
- Take the pan out and reduce heat to 425°F.
- Spread it with toppings, then spray lightly with oil.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake it for 10 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on, take pan out, sprinkle pizza with vegan Parmesan and return pan to oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Take out, transfer pizza to a cooling rack.