By pairing the green powder with some sweet and creamy nondairy yogurt, this oatmeal manages to replicate the qualities of a matcha tea latte. It’s not a mistake that the recipe does not call for any milk or water. You won’t need it! All that yogurt will provide all the “liquid” your oats will need to become soft and creamy. This is like matcha pudding.
Matcha Yogurt Overnight Zoats [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats
- 1 single-serve (about 6 ounces) vanilla plant-based yogurt
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder, or 3 teaspoons if you love a robust matcha flavor
- 1/4 cup grated zucchini or yellow squash (peeling optional)
- pinch of salt
- sweetener, if desired (it should already be slightly sweetened from the yogurt)
- Combine all ingredients in a container with a lid (such as Tupperware or a mason jar) and stir or shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Taste and adjust sweetener as necessary (I didn't need any).
- Allow to sit in the fridge overnight, or at least a couple hours. Eat cold!