These are the perfect solution to your cravings for refreshing cold treats on hot summer afternoons. They’re made with bananas and avocado after all (shhh ... don’t tell!), so you can’t really feel too guilty about them. The sandwich layers achieve the perfect, slightly crunchy consistency from the nuts and oats. Personally, I’d say they’re better to make and then freeze for a few hours and eat later, but if you need to make them and eat them immediately, I get ya. Been there done that. Multiple times. Do whatever you have to do. Some things just can’t wait.
Matcha Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8 dates
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup large flaked oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas, frozen
- 1/2 small ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until ground up and clumps form.
- Pour the mixture onto a piece of parchment paper, and placing another piece on top, roll thinly.
- Score into squares or rectangles and place in the freezer to harden.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until a smooth, soft serve ice cream forms.
- Remove cookies from the freezer, separate them into individual cookies, by gently breaking them apart and smooth the ice cream on top of half of them. Put another cookie on top and smooth out the edges.
- Place the finished ice cream sandwiches in the freezer to harden.
- Before eating, allow the sandwiches to sit on the counter and soften for 5-6 minutes.