These muffins are as bright in flavour as they are in color and are a perfect breakfast, snack, or treat coming in to these summer months.
Matcha Lemon Muffins [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Matcha Lemon Muffins [Vegan]
- 2 cups flour of choice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon matcha powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 cup water or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
How to Prepare Matcha Lemon Muffins [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. In a large bowl, combine flour, matcha, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and stevia and stir until evenly distributed. In a smaller bowl, combine the vanilla, coconut yogurt, water or almond milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth and creamy.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry and stir until just combined, careful not to over-mix.
- Drop by heaping spoonful into a liner or greased cupcake tin and bake for 18-20 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.