These muffins are as bright in flavour as they are in color and are a perfect breakfast, snack, or treat coming in to these summer months.
Matcha Lemon Muffins [Vegan]
- 2 cups flour of choice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon matcha powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 cup water or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. In a large bowl, combine flour, matcha, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and stevia and stir until evenly distributed. In a smaller bowl, combine the vanilla, coconut yogurt, water or almond milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth and creamy.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry and stir until just combined, careful not to over-mix.
- Drop by heaping spoonful into a liner or greased cupcake tin and bake for 18-20 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.