Simple matcha-cashew chocolate cups for a delicious and healthy take on a classic. Perfect for a last minute holiday dessert.
Matcha Cashew Chocolate Cups [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup cacao butter
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cashew butter, or any you'd like
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- sea salt
- Fill a small saucepan with 1/3 cup of water and place a bowl on top, covering the saucepan. Turn on the heat and once the bowl is hot and the water below is boiling melt the cacao butter inside the bowl. Once it has melted, remove from heat, and stir in the maple syrup and cacao powder for a few minutes until the chocolate thickens.
- Using a medium-size cupcake holder (I use a silicon one as it's easy to pop out when ready) fill the bottom layer with a generous tablespoon of the chocolate mixture. You want to make sure that it coats the bottom layer (about 1/3" high). Once you’ve filled all the cupcake holders, pop them into the freezer for 15 minutes to set. As it sets, mix the matcha powder with the cashew butter.
- Take the frozen chocolate out of the freezer and dollop 1 tablespoon size of the matcha/cashew butter dough on top of the frozen chocolate layer. Press down so that the cashew butter is even. Once this is done, pour the remaining melted chocolate over each dollop, so that it covers everything. Sprinkle with sea salt and let this sit in the freezer for 15 minutes. You can store it in the freezer or refrigerator. Enjoy!