If you haven’t hopped on the matcha train yet, get on it! Seriously, matcha is more powerful than coffee (as well as other types of green tea) and packs in antioxidants like no other. The natural caffeine content in matcha gives you a clear, calm energy that is released over the course of a few hours, so you experience none of the jitters or sudden crash that you would from energy drinks or espresso. Harnessing the power of matcha in an energy bite is the perfect way to keep yourself going all day!
Antioxidant-Rich, High Energy Matcha Bliss Balls [Vegan, Raw]
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 teaspoon matcha powder
- 4 teaspoons vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cacao powder, for dusting
- In your food processor, grind the oats into flour.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for cacao powder, and mix until combined – careful not to over mix or it will become oily.
- Form into balls – about 2 tablespoons per ball.
- Dust with cacao and place in fridge to harden.
- Eat. Enjoy. Energize.