White chocolate and macadamia nuts are a tried and true combination. In this recipe, the two come together to create a delicious and nutritious bite-sized dessert. And with the help of matcha, these cute little green cups prove you can create a vibrant-colored treat naturally!
Matcha and Macadamia White Chocolate Mini Cups [Vegan]
- 7 ounces vegan white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, unsalted
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon matcha
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Arrange 12 liners in a mini muffin baking tray.
- Put 1/3 cup of white chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Sit over a pan of barely simmering water and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring constantly, until completely smooth. Add 1/4 teaspoon matcha and mix until completely incorporated.
- Pour one teaspoon of the melted chocolate into each one of the 12 mini muffin liners. Bring the chocolate up the sides of the paper liners and smooth down the bottom to make it flat. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the macadamia filling. In the bowl of a food processor, place the macadamia nuts and pulse until it starts to come together, scraping the sides of the bowl often. With the motor still running, add the salt, canola oil, matcha, sugar, and vanilla. You want to obtain a consistency similar to commercial peanut butter. Scoop one teaspoon and gently roll into a ball with your hands. Continue until you have 12 balls.
- Remove the muffin tray from the freezer. Place each macadamia butter ball on the chocolate base and give it a slight press down. It should not touch the sides.
- Melt the remaining chocolate. Add 1/4 teaspoon matcha and mix well. Spoon more or less one teaspoon of the melted chocolate on top of each cup, carefully shake the tray so the chocolate covers the cup completely. Sprinkle with chopped macadamia nuts.
- Refrigerate until set.