This maple cinnamon roasted squash is a perfect fall dinner to tuck in to as the weather gets colder. Delicata squash is a great alternative to butternut squash if you are looking to try something new! Brussel sprouts add extra flavor and pomegranate's refreshing sweetness ties the dish together perfectly. Best of all, this dish is extra nutritious and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Maple Cinnamon Glazed Roasted Delicata Squash [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 pounds delicata squash cut into 1/4-inch slices, about 5 cups
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts cut in half and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, plus orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and dry delicata squash. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- In a large bowl add sliced delicata squash, cut Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, rosemary, and one teaspoon thyme. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, orange juice, orange zest, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Grease a large sheet pan with cooking spray or a thin coating of olive oil. Add squash mixture in one even layer to the pan. Roast in the center position of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, gently stir, cook another 10 minutes or until squash is fork tender and Brussels sprouts begin to slightly brown.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and evenly drizzle the maple cinnamon glaze over the vegetables. Stir to combine. Roast for 2 minutes.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to a serving platter. Sprinkle vegetables with 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme and top with pomegranate arils. Enjoy warm.