Mango Sago Pudding is a tropical dessert prepared with fresh chilled mango cubes served with mini tapioca pearls on creamy sweetened coconut cream sauce. This crowd pleaser is really easy to make even young kids can prepare this, all you need are mangoes, sugar, cooked sago and coconut cream, with just four ingredients you will have an amazing dessert with very minimal effort.
Mango Sago Pudding [Vegan]
- 4 ripe Philippine mangoes, sliced into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cup small tapioca pearls
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a pot bring to a boil enough water to boil tapioca pearls, once its boiling Add tapioca pearls and cook, stirring occasionally in medium heat until cooked, this will take around 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with running cold water then set it aside.
- In a sauce pan combine coconut milk, coconut cream, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil then simmer until sugar is completely dissolved. Chill this mixture.
- In a glass, add the coconut milk mixture together with the sago then top it with mangoes. Serve cold.