This tropical-inspired mango rice bowl is just that–combining sweet, savory, and tart flavors with soft, crisp, and creamy textures. The mixture of fresh ingredients brings out each of their flavors and release their nutrients.
Mango Rice Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Mango Rice Bowl:
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh cilantro or 1/2 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped mango
For the Creamy Mashed Avocado:
- 1 avocado
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash of pepper
- Add 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of boiling water and cook on low for about 10 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the water. Cover with a lid for ten minutes and assemble the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the rice to this bowl and mix until ingredients are combined with the rice, then toss in the chopped mango.
- Scoop out the avocado and add the lime juice and salt to a bowl with the avocado. Mash it with a fork until it has reached desired texture, then add the minced garlic and pepper and mix until combined.
- Top the mango rice bowl with the creamy avocado mash. Enjoy!