A luxuriously grown-up take on chocolate pudding! PMS-approved.
Luxurious Dark Chocolate Apricot Pudding [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 /3 cup soaked and drained apricots (the dark ones, soaked about 10 minutes in hot water)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Scant 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon and sea salt for serving
- Heat coconut milk and almond milk in a double-boiler over medium heat.
- While the milk heats, whisk together cornstarch, cacao nibs, and cacao in a bowl.
- Process walnuts and apricots in the blender until they form a paste (should be a little bit chunky).
- Add walnuts/ apricots and chocolate mixture to double-boiler and whisk until evenly combined.
- Add vanilla and continue to whisk for 3-4 minutes more, until the soup thickens and cacao nibs melt.
- Top with a little cinnamon and a tiny pinch of Celtic sea salt.
Store in fridge for up to two days. Serve hot for 'soup' or cold for pudding.